Lunch Program Guidelines for Schools, Day Cares and Preschools
- It is Lunch at Hand’s intent to make all deliveries no later than 11:45 a.m. Because of unforeseen circumstances, we cannot guarantee the exact time of delivery each day.
- When you receive a meal delivery, please sign the delivery sheet and write the time of delivery next to your name. A representative of your organization MUST BE PRESENT to receive and sign for the meals By signing the delivery sheet, the center is acknowledging that meals have been delivered, at the proper temperature and have been inspected and accepted for quality and completeness. Once the delivery has been accepted by the center, it is the responsibility of the center to maintain an appropriate temperature and condition for serving.
- Generally, all hot food items will be delivered in bulk NSF approved transporters. These containers are rated to keep food hot and at the proper serving temperature for up to six (6) hours. However, we highly recommend the use of a separate warming unit to maintain the proper temperature of the food. Lunch At Hand has different warming units available for purchase or lease if needed. Lunch At Hand advises you to check with your local health department to determine if a warming unit will be required to hold food at proper temperature.
- Cold food items must be stored in refrigerators until serving. Our driver will place items in your refrigerator upon delivery if requested.
- If an unforeseen event should cause a delay in expected delivery time, we will endeavor to contact the schools to which we have not yet delivered to inform them of the delay. All efforts will be made to subsequently expedite delivery and minimize inconvenience to our customers.
- Unused food cannot be saved and served at a later time. All remaining food must be disposed of properly. Lunch at Hand will not be held liable for consumption of any leftover food items.
- Please discard the disposable foil serving pans properly. They are not reusable according to Health Department requirements.
- PLEASE DO NOT PUT EMPTY DISPOSABLE PANS OR UNUSED FOODS IN THE TRANSPORTERS. ALSO, PLEASE CHECK THE TRANSPORTERS TO ENSURE THAT ALL ITEMS HAVE BEEN REMOVED FOR THAT DAY’S MEALS.
Cancellations, Special Deliveries, Meal Count Changes
- Any cancellations, special delivery requests or changes of meals require 48 hours written notice. Please note that Saturday and Sunday are not included in the 48 hour time line.
- We advise you contact Local Health Department for serving procedures and instructions.
- Both the menu and meal count calendars will be published the first full week of each month. Meal count calendars must be returned no later than the 15th of each month. If not received by this date, Lunch At Hand will use your meal counts from the previous month.
- All menus are certified to contain 1/3 of the daily food requirements as established by the Department of Children and Family Services, Childcare Food Program.
- If you have children with special nutritional needs or allergies, we must be advised in writing. We will make every effort to provide a dietary substitution. In order to provide the widest variety of alternative meals to special needs children, Lunch At Hand requests a list of suitable dietary options be submitted for each child.
- If meals are to be provided for children age 2 and younger, we must be advised in writing.
- Daily invoices are provided with meal deliveries. A consolidated statement will also be provided based upon your payment schedule. Payments are due each Monday for the preceding week’s meals unless an alternative payment plan is arranged. Acceptable forms of payment are Check, Money Order/Cashier’s Check, ACH, or Credit Card (3% processing fee will apply on CC payments). Any late payments will be assessed a 2% penalty per month. Please have payment ready for the driver at the time of meal delivery. A timely payment schedule is appreciated. Any checks returned for insufficient funds will incur fees. First occurrence $25.00 fee, second occurrence $50.00 fee. After the third occurrence, we will no longer be able to accept payment via check.
- Lunch at Hand has product liability insurance and workmen’s compensation insurance for your protection. Certificates of insurance are available upon request.
Lunch at Hand will be closed Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day after Thanksgiving.